Used Car Safety Features and Tips
- AIR BAGS: Air bags have been standard equipment on vehicles for so many years it would be hard to find a vehicle without them. When purchasing a used vehicle ask if the air bags have ever been deployed/replaced or serviced and if so, when. Making sure you have working, up-to-date air bags will help ensure your safety and the safe travel of your passengers.
- ANTI-LOCK BRAKES: Anti-lock brakes are another feature that seems almost standard today, but not all used vehicles will have them. Anti-lock brakes are a key feature in a safety first vehicle.
- TRACTION CONTROL: Traction control regulates the amount of speed going to your drive tires. When one tire is going faster than the others, traction control will decrease the power to balance out the speed. This feature helps reduce the chances of skidding.
- SEAT BELTS: If you are driving a vehicle without seat belts you have an antique on your hands. Although all vehicles should have seat belts, it is a good idea to check they are in working order and intact when purchasing a used vehicle.
- DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS: Day time running lights are a nice feature that makes your vehicle more visible to other drivers even in the day time.
- AUTOMATIC CRASH NOTIFICATION: During an accident you are not always able to make the necessary call for help. Many vehicles now offer automatic crash notification to get you the help you need when you need it.
If what you are looking for is safety in a vehicle, Auto City Credit can help. As the premier used car dealer in Dallas, our experts will find you a vehicle with the safety features you want and need. Poor credit or no credit? No problem. We have been helping people like you get into the vehicles they need right away while repairing or building their credit score. Buying a used vehicle can be a challenge, but not if you know what you’re doing. Auto City Credit is happy to continue offering these car buying tips to make your experience that much better!